In line with the most recent Government advice about Coronavirus, we are providing the following information to visitors and customers on current services being offered at Fordhall Organic Farm. We would also like to sincerely thank everyone for their support. We have been overwhelmed with the response from our community – you have been amazing and we will continue to support you for as long as we possibly can.
• Farm Shop: Our well-stocked shop, selling fresh meat, vegetables, eggs, bread, frozen meals and store cupboard essentials is open as normal from Tuesday – Saturday, 9.30am – 5pm and on Sunday 10am – 4pm. To protect our customers and staff, we are only taking card payments. All surfaces and door handles are sanitised frequently and to comply with social distancing we are only allowing a small number of customers into the shop at any one time. We are asking that you politely queue under our covered outside space.
• Farm Shop deliveries and collection: To support our community, we are now offering a local delivery service and customers can also order online and collect from the shop in a speciﬁed time slot. Visit https://shop.fordhallfarm.com/register/ to register as a customer.
• Milk vending machine: We have installed an organic milk vending machine outside the Farm Shop which will be ﬁlled daily with fresh milk from Taylor’s Organic Dairy in Rowton, North Shropshire. This milks is pasteurised, but not homogenised. You will first need to purchase a glass bottle from the farm shop for £1.50 and then you can bring this bottle with you each time to refill.
• Need assistance? If you are in a vulnerable group and would prefer us to bring your shopping out to your car to minimise contact with others, please call us beforehand on 01630 317531 – we are more than happy to help.
• Arthur’s Farm Kitchen has been closed until further notice. However, the team are busy making takeaway meals to be sold through the farm shop.
• Farm Trails: Our Farm Trails are free and are open for visitors. Walkers are strongly advised to wear wellingtons and outdoor clothing as some parts of the trail are wet and muddy and to practice social distancing. We are open from Tuesday – Saturday 9.30am – 4pm and Sunday 10am – 4pm. Please note, due to the wet conditions, some parts of the trails are closed. If social distancing is not practiced we will be forced to close the trails, but we sincerely hope this will not be the case, as we recognise how important green space ad fresh air is to people’s well-being.
• The following projects and services have been closed until further notice: all volunteer opportunities, care farm, family activities, toddler groups, wild wellies, adult courses, yurts, straw lodge hire, external catering, youth project, café.
• Share purchases, subscriptions and donations. We are still accepting share purchases, donations and subscriptions to the Grazer. However, please bear with us as we catch up with paperwork. Most will come to you electronically (including a share certificate) and when the office fully opens we will be able to forward on hard copies of share certificates.
Questions? If you have any queries, please get in touch. Shop: Tel – 01630 317531 | Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Ofﬁce: Tel: 01630 638696 | Email – email@example.com
Please also understand that due to many of our staff now taking leave and the rest of our staff working extremely hard in the farm shop, our office capacity is limited. If you need to leave a message, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
In the meantime we would like to say an enormous thank you to everyone who has supported us over the years, to all those who continue to support us and to all the new customers we are gaining as a result of the current situation. Mother Nature at least is enjoying this reprieve. We hope that you have time to spend with close family, that you can take joy in the blue sky and that each morning you can at least open your window and listen to the birds dawn chorus.
We live in the hope that this terrible situation, brings a new awareness and encourages more to shop local, support the little man, and appreciate all the good things in life which are free.
We look forward to celebrating with you at the other end.
Very best wishes
Charlotte and Ben Hollins x