Market Drayton TF9 3PS
We are offering 2 or 4-day straw bale experiences from August 6th until 6th September for willing participants.
Current Workshop dates are:
Monday 6th August – Thursday 9th August. 4 days
Monday 13th August – Friday 17th August. 5 days
Monday 20th August -Thursday 23rd August. 4 days
Tuesday 28th August – Friday 31st August. 4 days
Monday 3rd September – Thursday 6th September. 4 days (or choose to come for two days)
You will be taught and led by industry experts Huff and Puff Construction. You will get to learn all about straw wall construction including both load baring and non-load baring.
This construction as a whole includes:
- Round wood timber frame
- Car tyre foundations
- Shingle roof
- Straw bale load baring walls (workshops)
- Straw bale non-load baring walls (workshops)
- Clay render and plastering (September opportunities)
- Lime plastering
The cost is £30 (plus £10 for food and drink) per day and we ideally need people to commit to 4 days Monday-Thursday. If you cannot make the full five days, please contact us as two day workshops are also available.
Camping available free of charge, but must be booked in advance.
Click HERE for more information on the whole eco-build.
What you need to bring:
• Steel toes capped boots or sturdy walking boots
• We will provide hard hats, but if you have one, please bring your own.
• Work closed to keep you warm/cool and dry
• Hat and sun cream
• Work gloves (ideally they will protect you from the straw but still allow you to use your fingers)
• Water bottle
• Paper and pencil if you would like to make notes
Our team works 7.5hrs per day. This normally means 0830hrs for a 0900hrs start, with
breaks at 1300-1330hrs for lunch, 1100-1115hrs and 1530-1545hrs for a tea break. We reserve the right to vary our presence and hours worked on any given day to best meet the needs of the project and the group.
Download the full Straw Bale workshop details 2018
To book your place and for more information please email Marie via email@example.com