As it is National Baking Week, we wanted to share a delicious recipe you can try yourself at home! Of course, as the autumn and winter months are upon us, it had to be one which creates a hearty and tasty pie.
Richard, our talented Head Chef, has shared a wonderfully warming recipe! Let us know how it goes; we’d love to see your photos!
Leek Chicken and Tarragon Pie
200g short crust pastry
1kg diced chicken thighs dusted with cornflour
1 onion finely diced
2 carrots peeled and diced
2 cloves of garlic
1 chicken stock cube, (1 litre of water)
1 tsp dried tarragon
200ml double cream / crème fresh
Salt and pepper
50ml sunflower oil
25ml white wine
1 leek shredded
- Heat a large frying pan and add the oil. Fry the chicken to seal, remove from the pan and place in casserole dish.
- Re heat frying pan and add onions, garlic, carrots and leek. Cook until they are soft.
- Add tarragon and white wine, allow to reduce by half.
- Add chicken stock, simmer then pour over chicken in casserole dish and cook for 45 mins at 180C.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Add cream.
- Cover with pastry and egg wash and cook in oven at 180C for 45 minutes.
- Serve with wilted greens and roasted vegetables.
- Rejoice in the fact you’ve just created some wonderful Fordhall fayre at home, and enjoy!